Friday 27 July 2018

THE FELTED PURSE - FELTING PROCESS

Yesterday I taught a fantastic class for the Alberta Quilt Study Society
on Knitting a Felted Purse.

Please see the LINK HERE for the purse pattern.

In the felting process I used 2 wash cycles on my front load machine.
Today I experimented with the hot water temperature and was very pleased with the results.

The 1st wash was done with the regular hot water setting on a normal cycle.   It did an ok job for the 1st round.   The 2nd wash was done with the hottest water setting, which in my machine heats the water to almost boiling.  It really did a fantastic job on the felt and I will use this setting from now on. 


In the photos below you will find more information about the felting process. 



http://quiltersenjoycolor.blogspot.com/2018/07/knit-felted-purse-pattern.html

Enjoy your knittin'
...Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment