Wednesday 27 June 2012

Painting this Week

My husband and I are visiting his mom in Saskatchewan this week.  I brought an easel, paints, and canvas. I am experimenting on water color paper and canvas that I have textured with molding paste.  Using a layered technique I will start with a bright colored underpainting applied with a brush and fingers. The next layers will be rolled on working my way to a finished painting.  I wanted to post some pictures and show you what I'm doing.  Unfortunately, I forgot the usb cord for my camera and the laptop we have with us does not accept an xd memory card.  So, I will take pictures and in a couple of weeks I will catch up with my 52 weeks. 

Saskatchewan has some amazing golf courses in the smallest centres.  We are staying at a campground called Pasquia Park, just outside of Carrot River.  The campground is beautiful, with a wonderful little 9 hole golf course, swimming pool, mini golf, and diner.  It is scenic among rolling hills, the greenest river valley, and lush forest.  It is an extemely windy day and the campsite is calm among the trees.  There are very clean bathrooms and a shower house that runs on loonies.  The golf course is green and gorgeous.  A friendly course with a few hills, water here and there (but not too much), and plenty of shelter from the wind.  Maybe not today with 70km winds, but it would be easy to golf at 30km.  Loving attention to the course shows in the colourful flower beds on many tee-off boxes.  An old golf bag filled with flowers greets golfers at the pro shop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment